At the Allergy Center, the health and safety of our patients and staff is our priority. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and in response to the “Stop the Spread” order, we are making the following adjustments to ensure safety for all:
- We are switching to TeleHealth visits for qualifying patients. While some patients may still need to be seen in the office, most can be seen virtually. Please consider a TeleHealth visit because:
- The CDC has asked that routine care be conducted virtually in order to limit spread of the virus.
- Conditions such as allergies and asthma can sometimes present with similar symptoms to a viral or bacterial infection. We will do our best to evaluate your symptoms and make sure you are getting the correct treatment.
- We understand that some patients may choose to reschedule their appointments to a future date. Please remember that if you will need refills of your medications soon, that it’s important for you to keep your appointment, preferably via TeleHealth, as you need to have been seen within the past year in order for us to fill your prescriptions.
- The “Healow” app used for these visits is very user-friendly, and it’s very convenient to see your doctor from the comfort of home! Please download the Healow App from the App Store or Play store. If you do not have access to a smart phone or tablet, you can connect via a laptop or desktop.
- Some insurance restrictions apply to TeleHealth, so please contact our office or your insurance company to ensure that your visit will be covered.
- Most skin test, patch test and oral challenge appointments will be rescheduled for AFTER April 30, 2020.
- We intend to keep our shot clinic open during this time, but ONLY for patients who schedule their shot appointments. This could be subject to change at any time based on direction from local, state, and federal government. We will do our best to communicate any changes as we make them
- Any patient who is seen in the office will be screened for symptoms such as fever, coughing, or shortness of breath, and for recent travel to affected areas.
- For patients who need to seen in the office, we ask that:
- If you are 18 or over, please come alone to your appointment.
- If the patient is under 18, only ONE adult may accompany the child.
- All other family members will be asked to wait in the car during the visit.
Please check our new website, www.greenvilleallergy.com, our Facebook page, or call our office at (252)321-8683 for changes or updates. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding as we adjust to this new situation, and please stay safe!!